1) DEGRO Annual Meeting 2020 in Wiesbaden cancelled
Due to the Corona crisis the 26. Annual Meeting of the German Society for Radiooncology (DEGRO) from 25. – 28. Juni 2020 in Wiesbaden was cancelled. We regret that we cannot present our products in the indutrial exhibiton as we had planned.
The 27. DEGRO-Jahrestagung will take place from 23. – 27. Juni 2021 in Stuttgart.
2) International Congress on Hyperthermic Oncology (ICHO) postponed to 2021
Due to the current situation, the 13th International Congress of Hyperthermic Oncology -ICHO (common congress of ESHO, STM, and ASHO) planned for September 30 – October 3, 2020 in Rotterdam, will be postponed to 2021, most likly the same time period as this year.
All new information concerning the venue, date and organisational issues of the 2020 congress will be available on this website as soon as possible: www.icho2020.eu
3) Thermochemotherapy: Too low and too high hypertherrmia temperatures should be avoided - new publication from Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam
From the available experimental data it follows that the optimal thermal dose for combined local hyperthermia and chemotherapy should be 40-42 °C for 30-60 min, temperatures >43°C should be avoided:
4) Mechanisms of local hyperthermia: Effect on tumor-associated mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) - new publication from University Medical Center Freiburg
A new preclinical study investigates the effects of temperatures between 37 and 44°C on MSC, which can play an important role in the context of efficacy and toxicity of oncological hyperthermia:
5) wIRA-Hyperthermia as treatment option for antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections - new review in Int J Hyperthermia
Water-filtered infrared-A radiation is a promising tool to treat bacterial infections as Chlamydia trachomatis and Mycobacterium ulcerans. wIRA-induced improvement of wound healing, shown in several clinical studies, may play an additional role:
본 게시물은 독일 heckel gmbH.에서 발행한 뉴스레터의 내용입니다.